Wednesday 13 April 2011

An (unsung) nail star


Are you a fan of O.P.I. nail polishes?  At Beauty Bible, we are.  (Majorly.)  Duracell-bunny strength, super-shine, rocking colours and laugh-out-loud names.  (Think:  A Oui Bit of Red, Bastille My Heart and I'm Suzi and I'm a Chocoholic, a suitably fantastic brown, among hundreds of smiletastic shades.)
     They're based in Hollywood.  (That probably should be base-coated in Hollywood.)  But today, we want to salute an unsung British hero of O.P.I.:  Lena White, the woman who 28 years ago had the vision to introduce the range to the UK (their first export market), having been frustrated by the lack of quality polishes out there.  Astonishingly, Lena had to twist the founders' arms big-time to let her bring them to the UK, where she initially ran a home-based nail salon.  But the rest is history, and O.P.I. now graces the hands of well-groomed women around the world.
   And in case you're wondering, the brand name came from Odontorium Products Inc. Er, slightly less-than-catchy, that.  But a great bit of beauty trivia to have at your fingertips, this Wednesday morning.

www.lenawhite.co.uk